Well we are back in New Zealand again, and just in the nick of time too, avoiding cyclone Vanias’ landfall by a matter of hours.
On arrival I found this little fellow attached to one of the straps securing the tarpaulin to the hull:
I’m going to have to be extra careful removing that one.
Work has slowly commenced again, I’ve built the rudder/outboard mounting bracket and given it two coats of primer, mounted the rudder brackets on the rudder and built the mast head to attach the sail to.
Of course with my luck being the way it is, it looks like we’ve brought the weather from New Caledonia (rain) with us! I’m hoping that I’ll get a break in the weather to go on a test sail before the weekend (when we are off to Taupo of the jousting).