07 February 2010

First Steps

Now that the Ugly Duckling has been delivered, I feel I can start to spend the money from her sale, so off to Bunnings and Mitre10 it is to get the tools and supplies needed to build my Ulua.

I ended up buying three sheets of 12mm MDF, a T-square, block plane, orbital sander, clamps (12 of them), spirit level, chalk line, duct tape, sanding blocks, extra pencils and a bath toy set for Nicolas. There's a fair chunk of the budget gone already, good thing this is a long term project.

(starting the drawings with Nico's tools handy)

Being impulsive I set out the first sheet of MDF and started to draw up the first station using measurements from Gary's plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment