29 November 2010

Another Busy Weekend

With little progress to show for it.

Thursday and Friday I was back in Sydney, got home late Friday night. Saturday we went to the fair at Monte Cecilia school. The weather was perfect and we had a blast.  After that we went to Devonport and Mums exhibition opening Unfortunately that meant by the time we finally got home it was close to dark. I managed to squeeze in a hour of sanding on the leeboard, iakos, rudder and boom but that was it for the day.

Sunday was another family outing, with the Beca family Christmas party. It was a great event with a bouncy castle, face painting, petting animals and of course presents from Santa Clause! We finished the day at 2:00 and I decided that given the heat and how tired we all were it would be best to skip the Santa Parade in town.

Once home I put up the shade tent, filled the paddle pool and put the children in it and got to work on the canoe. I sanded the inside of the hull and removed the bow and stern cleats before giving it all a wash down. Because of the heat and a towel down the hull was dry in a very short time allowing me to apply the first coat of varnish.

Today I got the second coat done and hopefully tomorrow the last one. Then I’ll pain the top of the bulkheads in time to turn the hull over on the weekend. Well that’s the plan… and we know what happens to my plans!

So at the end of week forty two; no photo, its difficult to show the progress in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment